Numerical Analysis (CS537) (information to be updated)
Semester: Spring, 2020.
Class: 10:00am - 10:50am, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Classroom: Mine and Minerals Research Building Rm 243 LEC.
Instructor: Dr. Jun Zhang, E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 257-3892.
Office: 321 Marksbury Building.
Office Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays: 9:00am - 10:00am, and by appointment.
Numerical Mathematics and Computing (Newest Edition),
by Ward Cheney and David Kincaid
(ISBN 0-534-8993-7), older versions should be OK.
Here is the
Class notes will be in the form of transpancies used for classroom
teaching. The instructor does not write on the blackboard very much.
Most of the instructions will be aided by an overhead projector with
transpancies, or by a computer for such a purpose. You need to
read the text book, in addition to the lecture's notes. In particular,
some details are in the book, but are not covered in the class due to
- Please read the first Chapter before you come to the class.
This Chapter is a review of what you should have learned in
lower level classes. I assume you know these materials.
Homeworks and Projects of the Spring 2019 Class
- Homework 1, due on January 31, 2020
- Homework 2, due on February 12, 2020
- Homework 3, due on February 24, 2020
- Homework 4, due on March 6, 2020
- Midterm, Spring 2020, due at 10:50AM, on Friday, March 13, 2020
- answer-sheet to Midterm, Spring 2020, March 13, 2020
- Homework 5, due on April 3, 2020,
- Homework 6, due on April 15, 2020,
- Homework 7, due on April 24, 2020,
- Final Exam Spring 2020. Due at 4:00PM, Monday, April 4, 2020
Here are some exciting
research projects in scientific and parallel computing and
my ambitious research team.
This page was created on Thursday, July 24, 2008, by
Last modified on Wednesday, December 11, 2018.