- Student: Prashant Sarma (2003).
- Purpose: Design and implement a facility for storing files on space offered
by servers anywhere on the internet and retrieving files to handheld devices.
A central file manager keeps track of what files are stored (and replicated) on
what file servers, and the client uses peer-to-peer communication to access
those files. All data are encrypted.
- What the student learned
The resulting tools are available at
- Java programming.
- MIDP Java package for hand-held computers.
- Some encryption techniques
- Documentation techniques; a writeup can be found with the tools.